French evaluation test
Integration / Residence / Nationality
Take your French evaluation test in Bordeaux at Newdeal Institute in order to certify your level of French. Our examination center offers you the TEF, TEF IRN, TEF Quebec and TEF Canada
THE FRENCH EVALUATION TEST - TEF
The French Evaluation Test (TEF) is an international placement test that measures the level of knowledge and skill in French. It was created by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Paris Île de France in 1998.
The TEF is a French exam recognized by: the Ministry of National Education, the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation, the French Ministry of the Interior, the Ministry of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship of Canada, the Ministry of Immigration, Francisation and Integration of Quebec and the Swiss State Secretariat for Migration.
⚠️ If you have no or very limited French writing skills, contact us.
⚠️ All TEF exams are organized on a computer in our premises in Bordeaux. If you would like to take a paper-based exam, see the DELF page which is a diploma valid for the same procedures.
WHEN IS THIS FRENCH TEST USEFUL?
This French test can allow:
- To study and integrate the French university or a school
- Certify your language level to work
- Or to obtain nationality or a residence permit in France, Switzerland or Canada.
Newdeal Institut offers you the:
- The TEF Integration, Residence and Nationality (IRN) for applications for a residence permit in France (level A2) or applications for French nationality (level B1)
- LThe TEF for acces to Québec (TEFAQ)
- The TEF Canada
- TEF for other uses
The results of this French test are valid for 2 years. A period of 30 days must be respected between the passage of 2 examinations.
After these French tests, the results are sent to our test center within 3 to 4 weeks after the test.
DETAILS OF THE TESTS FOR THIS FRENCH EXAM
The TEF French diploma is divided into 5 modular tests to be passed according to the objective or the procedures. These French tests are evaluated on the CEFR scale from A1 to C2:
- Oral comprehension: 40 min – 60 MCQ questions on computer
This test measures the candidate’s ability to understand French orally through listening to audio documents.
- Written comprehension: 60 min – 50 MCQ questions in 4 sections on computer
This test measures the ability to read and understand written material in French.
- Oral expression: 15 min – 2 topics to be covered (Inquire / Convince) face to face with an examiner
This test measures the candidate’s ability to master oral communication.
- Written expression: 60 min – 2 subjects to be treated (Article / Expressing a point of view) on computer
This test measures the candidate’s ability to express themselves in French in writing.
- Lexicon and structure: 30 min – 40 MCQ questions in 4 sections on computer
This last test measures the candidate’s ability to use the French language correctly by judging vocabulary and grammatical structures.
|EPREUVES DU TEST D'ÉVALUATION DE FRANÇAIS - TEF|
|TEF IRN - Intégration, résidence et Nationalité||TEF Québec||TEF Canada||TEF autres usages selon les besoins|
|Compréhension orale||IMMIGRATION||OBLIGATOIRE||Compréhension orale|
|Compréhension écrite||Compréhension orale||Compréhension orale||Compréhension écrite|
|Expression Orale||Compréhension écrite||Expression Orale||Expression Orale|
|Expression écrite||Expression Orale||OPTION||Expression écrite|
|Expression écrite||Compréhension écrite||Lexique et structure|
OUR OTHER FRENCH CERTIFICATIONS
Other French certifications such as TCF and DELF are offered by Newdeal Institute to certify your level of French for the same administrative procedures.
We also offer preparation courses for French exams.
You want to take a French exam
TEF, TEF IRN, TEF Quebec or TEF Canada in Bordeaux?